Sunday, August 28, 2011

IT'S A.......?????

Sooooo, wanna hear a funny story???? Well, it has been a VERY LONG TIME, but on my last post, i had stated that I was about to find out the gender of our baby soon. Well, I went in for my ultrasound as normal, and when it was time for them to tell me the "sex" of my baby, the umbilical cord was RIGHT BETWEEN the baby's legs(JUST GREAT!) But, the ultrasound tech was so sure she could still figure it out by getting AROUND the umbilical cord....so i was like, "OK!" :) So she kept pushing on my stomach, trying to get AROUND the cord between the baby's legs, and she tells me, her EXACT WORDS, "It looks like your having a girl!" And to be honest, with my first two girls, i got REALLY SICK with them, and at the beginning of THIS pregnancy, it started out really bad for me!! I was throwing up EVERYTHING....so the doctor gave me some nausea medicine that WORKED LIKE A CHARM :) i was HAPPY & EATING AGAIN in NO TIME!! hahahaha...anyways, because of my history with morning sickness, i just assumed it was ANOTHER BABY GIRL!! But for some odd reason, when the ultrasound tech told me it was a girl, i had the strangest feeling that it was NOT a girl!! SERIOUSLY!!! When we were at home later that same night, my husband told me that I could now go shopping for clothes now that we know its a girl...but i told him, "I have the strangest feeling that its a BOY!"...and he just kinda laughed it off!! So we went along for the next 20 weeks thinking we was having a girl right? I bought some cute little "girl" outfits and everything....anyways, come my 37th week of pregnancy, I had another scheduled ultrasound to see how big baby was because boy was i packing on the pounds!! LOL...so they figured that baby was, at the time, measuring about 8lbs, almost 9...and i was only 37 weeks, still had 3 more to go!! But when I saw my OB, he told me, "Oh, sometimes the ultrasound isn't very accurate on baby's size, so baby is probably only about 7lbs or so!" OKAY!!! hahahahahahahahahahaha....anyhow, back to the ultrasound....when she got all her measurements and whatever else SHE needed, i asked her, "Could you PLEASE just check ONE LAST TIME to make sure that IT is still a GIRL??? Just to make sure??" And she said OFCOURSE!! So she started scanning, looking, scoping it out...and then she goes, "I have a surprise for you!!" I just shook my head and said OH PLEASE DON'T SAY THAT NOW!!! She says, "You are actually having A BOY!! Unless your daughter has a BIG MASS between her legs, THAT is A BOY!!" ROTFLMBO!!!! i didn't know what to think!! i wasn't MAD, i was just thinking WHAT THE HECK just happened?? lol...now mind you, the night before my last ultrasound, I took it upon myself, to wash the BRAND NEW BABY "GIRL" clothes i had bought for the baby that i was told, was going to be a girl!! Anyways, right after my appointment, i was going to call my husband and tell him the "news"...but since he worked right there by my doctor's office, i decided it would be better if i went there to tell him face-to-face. So i went in, walked straight to his office, and sat down....he was smiling and asking, "how did it go??" lol...i looked at him and said, I HAVE A SURPRISE!! and he was like, "WHAT??" all i had to say was, "You remember how I told you I didn't want to buy ALOT of babygirl stuff because I had a strange feeling it was a BOY??" His eyes got big, and his jaw dropped, and he was like NO WAY??? I said YUP, ITS A BOY!!! I couldn't really tell if he was HAPPY or SAD, but i know that he was definitely SHOCKED!! hahahaha...we were planning on a girl, and was very excited about it too! But when I had my baby boy,(delivery story to come LATER!!) I IMMEDIATELY FELL HEAD OVER HEELS "IN LOVE" all over again!!! He has a DISTINCTIVE BEAUTY MARK on his left eye lid that makes him PERFECT for ME!! I love this little boy so much, and wouldn't trade him for the world!! He weighed 10lbs 6oz, and was 21 1/2" long!! I now have my 2 girls, and 2 boys, and am the happiest mommy in the world :) I LOVE MY BABIES!!!

1 comment:

  1. awwww.... and what a funny story! I STILL can't believe that!!

    ps. it looks like u need a blog update! lol.

    ReplyDelete