Saturday, October 30, 2010

..what would YOU do??..

ok...just so we're totally CLEAR on this post, it has absolutely NOTHING, and I mean NOTHING, to do with ME!! haha, just had to get that straight! however, it is a true story of a close friend of mine(who, I'm sure they would rather remain ANONYMOUS), and it makes me angry, so I had to do a VENT post...oh come on now, we all have days when we just want to vent, and can't really vent directly TO SOMEONE, so we turn to our blog ;)

anyways, so i have this friend...we'll call her Annie! Annie has been married to her husband, Andy, for almost 5 years now! They have a child that is 4yrs old together...everything seemed all fine & dandy, they seemed REALLY happy, like a family should be. Up until recently that is...see, Andy had to move out-of-state due to "business" reasons! Annie was fine with their child, taking care of the two them, and making sure that Andy was ok too. Andy, was supposedly taking care of his "business" out where he was at...but now that they were hundreds of miles apart, they had ALOT MORE fights than usual, and it just made things that much HARDER! So one of those fights that they had, was a really bad one....so bad, that Andy just stopped calling Annie altogether for almost 2 whole weeks. Annie decided that it would be best for her to drive out there and just SHOW UP, and surprise him and see what was going on, and also to make sure that he was doing the things he needed to be doing. She had everything planned and ready to go...literally, she booked a car, a hotel, and planned out their whole time together. But something came up, and sadly, she had to cancel her "surprise" trip to see her hubby. So since Andy never called her at all, she decided she would be the BIGGER person, and just give him a call, and tell him about what she WAS going to do...he was sad, because he really wanted to see Annie & their child. So they solved whatever problems they had, and everything was BACK TO NORMAL..................................or so Annie thought!

Annie & Andy, once again, got into a HUGE FIGHT this time...and he told her that he was sick & tired of her always paying the bills for her parents and what not...LAME EXCUSE! He then TEXTED her(the MANLY thing to do), and told her "I HAVE FALLEN OUT OF LOVE WITH YOU!" So, now my question is........................what would YOU do if your ETERNAL COMPANION, the person you thought you would spend the REST OF YOUR LIFE & more with, tells you something like that??????? I wanna know!!!

3 comments:

  1. What a sad sad predicament to be in. I don't know ALL the details, but I would fight. By that I mean fight for my husband, fight for the father of my child(ren) and fight against my own bitter judgement, it's worth fighting for. With that being said, I pass no judgement on what other people do and the decisions they make, especially during tough situations like this.

    BTW, LOVING your 30-day challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i would try to do something special for my hubby and plan a get away for just the two of us to be alone - with no stress of daily life for a few days. just to relax and to not let the stress of life get in the way. i would do whatever it takes to bring out our true selves. anything to spark the romance and love again!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I saw two major problems:
    1) Distance
    2) Parents bills

    I'm sure there is much more involved, but those two things caught my eye. Anytime you put distance between a couple, they are truly tested. My hubby and I were long distanced for 1 year. That was REALLY pushing it. I learned you gotta set your expectations and come thru on them. No expectations.. how do u build trust?

    As far as parents bills, it really depends on the situation. It may not seem like a big deal to us, but your spouse is put on the spot in a situation like that. It's not fair of us to expect them to be the bigger man and take care of our parents debt. I wouldn't do it to my child. Even though it is very poly to take care of your parents .. and I'm all for it, definitely make sure that is communicated as part of the package deal. If she knew he was like that from the beginning, that should've been the red flag for her. Maybe it's a flaming red flag for her now?

    ..aaaaand that's all I have to say about that:-p

    ReplyDelete